You’ve seen those signs, “WE BUY HOUSES FOR CASH”
Ever wondered what that’s about or if it’s legit? Here are some pros and cons about the guys that put those signs up all over town.
Pros of Selling Your House To An Investor
- Selling AS-IS: Investors are buying houses to flip, not to live in. So if you have a house that needs some repairs and you just don’t have the time or money, this is definitely the way to go. We have a team of investors, contractors, and lenders so you won’t waste any time waiting on that appraisal or inspection.
- Selling FAST: Since we have that team in place, you can skip all those long steps in selling your home. Some investors can close in as little as 7 days. You won’t be sitting around waiting on a retail buyers funding approval.
- Stay in your home until closing: Unlike listing your property, a cash sale allows you to stay in the comfort of your home until it sells. No need to keep it show ready waiting on a buyer.
- Flexible Options: Good investors are constantly learning new strategies when it comes to buying real estate. Even if you have little to no equity in your home, we have a plan that can help you! We can offer a few different options so you can decide what best fits your situation. All of this comes at no out-of-pocket costs to you, and at West TN Homebuyers we allow you time to think about all the options and choose the best plan. No high pressure sales here!
Cons of Selling To An Investor
- You won’t get retail value: Money costs money. There are many costs for investors when buying an investment property. Closing costs, repairs, holding costs, back taxes and liens, and those are just the main ones. To be able to make a return on their investment, investors have to buy at well below market value. This disadvantage to you is offset by the fact that an investor is buying your house for cash and paying all the fees. Saving you time and some money!
- No Licensing for Investors: It’s true. Since investors aren’t representing anybody in the sale besides themselves, we don’t have to be licensed like a real estate agent. With that and the low barrier of entry for the industry, there could be some shady “investors” out there. You can protect yourself from the risk of running into one of these guys by a simple internet search. Always ask who you’re speaking with and what company they are from when calling a “WE BUY HOUSES” ad. Once you get a feel for them Google the company name or look up the person on Facebook. Most legit investors will represent themselves as exactly that. If you get a bad vibe from them, find another investor.
Now that you have some information behind those “Bandit Signs”, you can understand the real estate investing world a little better. At West TN Homebuyers we are able to tell you exactly what your property is worth, show you how we came up with that number, and offer you several options to help you decide how you want to sell. If you’re thinking about selling and just have no idea where to start then give us a call at 731-236-4311 or visit our website http://westtnhomebuyers.com. We will even refer you to a realtor if that’s your best option. We only do deals that are a win for all parties involved, no low-balling or high pressure involved!